Off Campus and Online Programs
Below is the list of all programs offered off campus or online. Follow the links below for more information on the programs.
Off Campus (Field-based) Programs: These programs require face-to-face meetings in one of the northwestern North Carolina counties, with classes held evenings and/or weekends to accommodate work-day schedules. Many of our off campus programs use web-assisted instruction to reduce the amount of face-to-face time.
Most off campus programs follow a cohort format: If enough demand is found in an area, a cohort of students is chosen from the applicant pool to work through the program together. Cohorts typically take courses year round, two courses at a time. To find out what off campus cohorts are under consideration for starting in the next several terms, check with Distance Education.
Counties where we are currently teaching graduate programs: Avery, Catawba, Forsyth, Gaston, Yadkin
Online Programs: These programs require little or no face-to-face meetings. Note: We cannot admit applicants from Alabama, Maryland or Massachusetts into online programs at this time.
Off Campus Master's Degree Programs
- Business Administration MBA
- Elementary Education MA (closed for applications)
- Higher Education MA
- Mathematics Education MA (closed for applications)
- Middle Grades Education MA (closed for applications)
- Public Administration MPA
- Reading Education MA
- Social Work MSW
- Special Education MA
Off Campus Specialist and Doctoral Degree Programs
Off Campus Graduate Certificate (Non-degree) Programs
Online Master's Degree Programs
- Curriculum Specialist MA
- Educational Media MA (Instructional Technology Specialist: Computers Concentration)
- Educational Media MA (New Media and Global Education Concentration)
- Library Science MLS
- School Administration MSA