Off Campus and On Line Programs
Below is the list of all programs offered off campus or online. Follow the links below for more information on the programs.
Off Campus (Field-based) Programs: These programs require face-to-face meetings in one of the northwestern North Carolina counties, with classes held evenings and/or weekends to accommodate work-day schedules. Many of our off campus programs use web-assisted instruction to reduce the amount of face-to-face time.
Most off campus programs follow a cohort format: If enough demand is found in an area, a cohort of students is chosen from the applicant pool to work through the program together. Cohorts typically take courses year round, two courses at a time. To find out what off campus cohorts are under consideration for starting in the next several terms, check with Distance Education.
Counties where we are currently teaching graduate programs: Ashe, Avery/Mitchell, Buncombe, Burke, Caldwell, Catawba, Forsyth, McDowell, Rutherford, Surry, Wilkes, Yadkin
Online Programs: These programs require little or no face-to-face meetings.
Off Campus Master's Degree Programs
- Business Administration MBA
- Child Development: Birth-Kindergarten MA
- Criminal Justice MS
- Curriculum Specialist MA
- Elementary Education MA
- English Education MA
- Geography MA (Planning Concentration)
- Higher Education MA
- History Education MA
- Library Science MLS
- Mathematics Education MA
- Middle Grades Education MA
- Public Administration MPA
- Reading Education MA
- Romance Languages MA
- School Administration MSA
- Social Work MSW
- Special Education MA
Off Campus Specialist and Doctoral Degree Programs
Online Master's Degree Programs
- Educational Media MA (Instructional Technology Specialist: Computers Concentration)
- Educational Media MA (Media Literacy Concentration, and New Media and Global Education Concentration)
- Gerontology MA
- Library Science MSA
- School Administration MLS